Update on Phase 3! It is no longer Phase 3! We have successfully made it to Phases 4 and 5, 4 being “Lookie! Lookie!” and 5 being a combination of “Awww” and “WTF is that?” (common sentiment I have with most newborns). Thus far, our experiment has yielded one blue alien creature, a lovely brown and yellow lizard and even a delightful baby brontosaur!
While I’ve been catching up on my Criminal Minds and Backstrom episodes today, I HAVE managed to be somewhat productive by finishing some laundry and baking some banananana bread. I used this recipe.
Best Bananananana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.
Ugly loaf, yes. Moist deliciousness? Oh yeah. I’m sure there are other great recipes out there, but this is one of my faves since it comes out soft and keeps well in aluminum foil for several days.